Additional Grief Programs
The titles below are offered occasionally. Please visit our Calendar of Events throughout the year to view the scheduling of programs.
- Guilt & Grief – For many of us, as we grieve, our minds can go over & over the events, our regrets and concerns. We can carry a great deal of guilt, which then overshadows our experience of grief.
- Grief and Nature – Experiencing the beauty of nature can give us many gifts as we go through and hopefully “grow through” the process of grief. Spend an evening learning about how our awareness of nature can be of tremendous help as we care for ourselves in our grief.
- Coping with the Holidays – Holiday times can impact us as grieving people in painful & confusing ways. This program allows you to spend time with others who hearts feel similarly and are seeking to take good and gentle care of themselves. Offered in early December each year.
- A Time of Remembrance – Memorial services to honor those whom we have loved and remember. Each attendee lights a candle in memory of their loved one. The services are held in numerous locations around Denver in mid-December)
- Guest Speakers – HeartLight Center offers a variety of programs led by “Friends of HeartLight Center” throughout the year.
- Program referrals – HeartLight Center maintains a list of programs in the metropolitan Denver area and recommends them to those who need support.
- Grief Library – Located in the HeartLight Center is a library of grief related books available for our clients to borrow as needed. While the library is based on the honor system, we do ask that books be returned no later than two weeks. Donations are always accepted.
Throughout the year HeartLight Center offers programs for the professional or lay caregivers on current topics. The programs can be group discussions, specialty speakers, networking opportunities, Compassion Fatigue support, panel discussions or any topic that deems important. Please visit our Calendar of Events throughout the year to view the scheduling of programs.
For more information on our Additional Programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.